By Max Roemer
The East Chambers ISD held its regular meeting on Monday, July 11, 2022, at 6pm. After the monthly reports were presented, the Board went into Executive Session. After Executive Session, the Board took the following action: • Voted to continuing using grant funding available to employ an assistant superintendent, assistant principals at each campus, bilingual diagnostician, and other additional administrative instructional support personnel.
• Voted to approve the extending a one-year probationary contract to Kolton Page and Teri Shawn Knight, and extending a one year dual probationary contract to Elizabeth Cossey.
• Voted to approve hiring Gricelda Martinez as the bilingual diagnostician.
• Voted to approve hiring Hattie “Shalyn” Harmon as the high school campus ACE Site Coordinator.
• Voted to approve the 2022-2023 Supplemental Duty Schedule.
• Voted to approve August payroll for the following new hires: Lauren Cowart, Whitney Dreaden, Justin Savoie, Pamela Savoie, and Melissa Story.
• Voted to approve substitute pay schedule as presented. High School Associate degree – $100, College Degree – $125, Certified Teachers – S150 to $250 depending on arrangements made with the principal.
The Board also voted to hire Fitz and Shipman, Inc. for civil engineering and surveying services on the bond building projects and approved hiring CHI Engineering for civil engineering services for